Pagan Forum code for joining: Home Sweet Home

Midsummer 2020

This is the Pagan Forum Lounge and is for all articles unless there are appropriate forums elsewhere. So please check first and use the correct one.
Cathy
Benitoite
Benitoite
Midsummer 2020

Post by Cathy »

Here we are again, yet another Midsummer fast approaching.
What with the coronavirus outbreak and the lockdown, it's quite easy to forget everything but definitely not the summer solstice.

This year, 2020, will see Midsummer fall on Saturday, the 20th of June.
I always wanted to experience Litha at Stonehenge but the COVID-19 scare has seen to it that not many will do this.
I am sure there will be plenty of people going but we all still have to stay 2 metres apart from each other.

Anyway, what are you all doing for this extra special day?
It's the rest time between planting and harvest, so get out there and live a little closer to the Earth.

Me, well I plan on having a small social gathering at the bottom of my garden so hopefully there is no clouds in the sky.
Drink will flow, of course.

Woodman
Poudretteite
Poudretteite

Re: Midsummer 2020

Post by Woodman »

How will me and my friend celebrate?
Well, with a massive amount of food and drink of course :dance:

Paula
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Paula »

Since the coronavirus lockdown I must admit to putting on a few pounds.
For the last few weeks I have been on a diet and doing plenty of exercise to get back into shape.
However, Midsummer is a time of year that I never overlook and so I will be feasting and drinking (and not in moderation either) on the 20th.

In the UK we have rules because of this COVID-19 pandemic but these rules are lifting very slowly.
At this time though, I am so confused as to what we can and can't do.
I think you can have gatherings of 6 people in your garden but not your house, although guests can use the toilet as long as it is cleaned after each use :o :lol:

So, to be on the safe side, we are having 6 people including me in my back garden because it's so much bigger than my guests' gardens.
In the corner, right next to a conifer tree is where we normally assemble our altar and this will have elaborate decorations and plenty of food and drink.
Hopefully we can arrange for a fire too which shouldn't be a problem except if it rains.

Last year, we had around 6 people here as well so it's not as if the lockdown has too much affect on our celebrations.
Also, I think by about 10pm we were all well fed and drunk as judges :lol:
Oh, the songs we sang that night and I am sure we will do similar this year, weather permitting.
We do have a shed but that wouldn't be enough to keep a 2m gap between us all but I am sure we will work around things if it buckets down.

After the shut down of practically everything we take for granted, Midsummer is always a special time for us.

Gordon
Poudretteite
Poudretteite

Post by Gordon »

The date caught me out, sorry.
I should have realised it is 2020 :)
Hope you all enjoy the day.

Crystal
Benitoite
Benitoite

Post by Crystal »

At last, after almost 2 weeks of bad weather here we have a nice day.
Hopefully it will stay this way all day.
Time to roll out the barbecue 8-)

Paula
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Paula »

We have everything prepared no so all we need do is sit back and enjoy.
The weather is good and we are hoping for a clear sky tonight.

Crystal
Benitoite
Benitoite

Post by Crystal »

Paula wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:13 pm We have everything prepared no so all we need do is sit back and enjoy.
The weather is good and we are hoping for a clear sky tonight.
Where we are Paula we will see one half of the sky very dark and the other side very bright.
Obviously this depends on the clouds.

Cathy
Benitoite
Benitoite

Post by Cathy »

Wow, what a day and what a night even though it stared to rain later on.

Crystal
Benitoite
Benitoite

Post by Crystal »

Cathy wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:25 am Wow, what a day and what a night even though it stared to rain later on.
I hope you are feeling good today.
It rained where I am even though we had quite a decent day and it looked promising.
We drove to the beach close by and was hoping to see the Sun and Moon dance but the clouds came by 10pm and then it rained.

OK so we missed the longest day but we still have a few weeks in which to see some spectacular marvels, last year was particularly good.
We plan on going camping soon so I expect we will see a dance in the sky soon like last year which was breathtaking, and I really mean that literally.

Paula
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Paula »

Crystal wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:42 am
I hope you are feeling good today.
There was the question of a heavy head which needed resolving.