Pagan Forum code for joining: Home Sweet Home

When my mother died

Tell us all about your personal experiences in life. Then there is also the question about death and how you cope with it.
Sky Fall
Musgravite
Musgravite
When my mother died

Post by Sky Fall »

While I have a little time on my hands I thought I would write about a little experience I had when my mother died over 10 years ago.

I was close to my mother but I regret not spending as much time with her in her later years. She always would say I have a life to lead when I visited her so I think she understood.

In the mortuary I cleared everyone out and shared my thoughts with her. Just before I left, I swear I saw movement, in fact I know I did. It was as if she was saying goodbye.

All these years later I think about her from time to time but I have never experienced messages from her or any other form of contact. I put this down to the fact that she would know that I would become frightened and she wouldn't want this to happen.

I guess my message to others would be to ensure that you always let people you love know that you love them before it's too late. For the last few months of my mothers life I wasn't there for her but as I said we were pretty close. Those last few months are the times that I regret badly.

Paula
Moderators
Moderators

Re: When my mother died

Post by Paula »

Sky Fall wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:56 am Those last few months are the times that I regret badly.
There's no need to feel badly because the answer was always there - as you said.
Sky Fall wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:56 am She always would say I have a life to lead when I visited her so I think she understood.
You can't predict easily when someone will pass away. The fact that your mother said you should be having a life means she knew that you should be spending time elsewhere, at least that's what I am picking up.

So there's really no need to feel down about all this. I reckon you should ask the deity for a bit more inner strength and go out and look to live life to the extremes for a little while. Go for some life excesses and overindulge in many ways. Honest, this is what your mother would want you to do judging by your post.

Cathy
Benitoite
Benitoite

Post by Cathy »

Sky Fall wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:56 am
my message to others would be to ensure that you always let people you love know that you love them before it's too late.
Never a truer word spoken.

Sky Fall
Musgravite
Musgravite

Post by Sky Fall »

Cathy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:06 pm
Never a truer word spoken.
I swear by this now :lovebirds: